Notice on the Construction of the Demonstration Course of “Ideological and Political Theories Teaching in All Courses” of QMES in 2022
I. Significance of Project
In order to deeply study and implement the spirit of the National Education Conference, the National Conference on Ideological and Political Work in Colleges and Universities, andGeneral Secretary Xi Jinping’s important speeches at the symposium for teachers of ideological and political theories teaching in all courses in schools, implement the fundamental task of building morality and cultivating people, comprehensively promote the discussion of talent training in schools, give full play to the role of the main channel of classroom teaching in the ideological and political work of colleges and universities, and make ideological and political education run through the entire process of talent training, QMES will start the construction of the demonstration course of “Ideological and Political Theories Teaching in All Courses” in 2022, and explore the ideological and political education resources contained in the teaching methods, so as to realize the whole process and all-round education of all staff.
II.Objective of Construction
Based on building morality and cultivating people, we should give full play to the main role of all the teachers in course education, vigorously promote the reform of classroom teaching with the goal of “Ideological and Political Theories Teaching in All Courses”, and explore the elements and functions of the ideological and political education contained in each course, integrating the ideological and political education into all links of classroom teaching.Meanwhile, we should combine the characteristics ofJoint Educational Institutions, build a “Teaching Community” between China and other countries, and realize the organic unity of ideological and political education as well as knowledge and cultural education.
III. Content of Construction
1. Promote the course education and Xi Jinping Thought on Socialism with Chinese Characteristics for a New Era.
2.Improve the course syllabus and professional teaching materials, and strengthen the design of classroom teaching.
3.Give full play to the main role of lecturers in course education.
4.Summarize the typical cases and achievements in the teaching reform of ideological and political courses.
IV. Scope of Application
The programme is available to all courses for undergraduates of QMES.
V. Requirements for Application
The application requirements for the “Ideological and Political Theories Teaching in All Courses” of QMES shall be consistent with those of NPU, which shall include the following contents:
1. For applied courses, the revised course syllabus needs to be submitted.
2. For applied courses, the new courseware (new teaching plans and handouts) that can reflect the ideological and political characteristics must be submitted.
3. For applied courses, the typical cases of teaching reform and materials reflecting the effectiveness of the reform must be submitted.
VI. Materials of Application
Applicants are required to fill in theApplication Form of the Demonstration Course of “Ideological and Political Theories Teaching in All Courses” of QMES, NPU(Annex 1), modify and improve the course syllabus, new courseware (new teaching plan), and typical cases of teaching reform and materials reflecting the effectiveness of the reform, and submit them to QMES.
VII.Approval of Project
1. QMES will set up a review team, which is composed of the vice dean in charge of teaching, and experts and senior teachers of relevant demonstration courses.
2. The person in charge of the applied course must submit the application materials to QMES, which will be identified as the demonstration course of QMES after review and publicity without objection.
3. For projects recognized as QMES demonstration courses will be recommended for the demonstration course on NPU level.
The project of the “Ideological and Political Theories Teaching in All Courses” of QMES will be supported according to the construction fund of 20,000 RMB per course.
IX. Submission of Materials
An electronic version and a paper version of the materials for each course must be provided.
Applicants are requested to submit the application materials before May 30, 2022. The paper materials should be submitted to the Teaching Affairs Office of QMES, and the electronic materials should be sent to the mailbox of QMES. Contact information is as follows:
Contact: Ms. Jing
April 28, 2022
Annex 1:Application Form of the Demonstration Course of “Ideological and Political Theories Teaching in All Courses” of QMES, NPU
Translator: Liu Kaixuan